Veggiemuse Giving Back

Veggiemuse Giving Back

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Storybook Ball...Women & Infants Auxiliary

What an amazing evening!

For those of you that don't know about this event...The Storybook Ball is a unique fundraising event developed by the Auxiliary of Woman & Infants Hospital, in Providence, Rhode Island...to benefit the hospital.

This bi-annual gala brings together a wide variety of designers that create tablescapes based on children's stories.

I was fortunate enough to be involved this year and designed a table based on one of my son's favorite books "The Night Eater" by Ana Juan.

The event, which was October 2005, was a treat to attend! Proceeds will support a major expansion of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and more adult impatient rooms.

Having spent a number of weeks as a patient of Woman & Infants Hospital while I was pregnant and delivering my child there...this project, personally, had a lot of meaning for me.

Below are a few photos of my tablescape and my interpretation of this whimsical story...I can't wait to do it again!
















Storybook Ball

Storybook Ball

Storybook Ball

Storybook Ball

No comments: